Saturday, April 23, 2011

Gevey drains battery quicker than normal




There has been some issues associating with the Gevey turbo sim. One of the complaints is that your iPhone 4 drains the battery faster than it should. Here is the reason and how to make it back to normal.

Gevey sim enables you to use your iPhone with other carriers and so as ultrasn0w. If you have two of these on your iPhone at the same time, of course they will function in a conflicting way. Both of them are meant to unlock your iPhone, and you only need one of them at a time. By uninstalling ultrasn0w from Cydia, your iPhone battery will come back to a normal stage.

I have tried it on iPhone 4 versions 4.2.1 and 4.3.1. Now the 1% of battery life would last around 3 hours on average. When i had ultrasn0w on it, within 20 minutes the battery drops by 1%. What a huge differene!

Please share your comment below!!

5 comments:

  1. I had the drainage problem with 4.1 when i installed my legit Gevey, went to bed with 100% battery life woke up and it was less than 50%. So i was immediately concerned. I did have an ultrasnow installed from dreaming my iphone would work one day. I will update if removing ultrasnow fixed the battery problem. Makes sense, thanks for a possible solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This definitely fixed my problem thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope this is the answer on my problem.

    I have an iPhone 4 with 4.3.3 firmware. Every night I lose 15% on airplane mode. Every 24 hours I have to recharge my iPhone and I do nothing, maybe 10 minutes surfing a day.


    Now I have deleted Ultrasnow in Cydia, I'm will look if I can go to 1%/night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. also some gevey drains battery 1% every hour standby. Gevey Pro (old version) is bad but the new version of Gevey Pro (no cutting required) drains battery normally at rate of 3hours/1%.

    ReplyDelete
  5. some time a reset will help the battery draining problem too, by hold the power button and home button at the same time until the apply logo appears then release them both.

    ReplyDelete