Saturday, April 23, 2011

Installing Khmer Unicode on iPhones and iPad 3.1.3 to 4.3.5




Click on the link below to go to owner's page for picture tutorial:

How to Install Khmer Unicode and Keyboard

The link above will direct you to a website that instructs you how to install Khmer Unicode and keyboard to your iPhone. It works and i have tested it on iPhone 4, 3Gs and 3G versions 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2.1, 4.3.1. If you have further questions, please give comment below and i will help you more. Good luck!!

Unless you didn't follow the link, here is a quick instruction:
Open Cydia
Tap on "Manage" (on the bottom of Cydia)
Tap on "Sources" (in the middle)
Click on "edit" (on the top right)
Click on "add" (on the top left)
Type iphonekhmer.com/ in the address that pops up after you click "add"
Click on "Add Source"
Now just let Cydia updating sources. After that just go back to Source and you will see a link to iphonekhmer.com
Now go to iphonekhmer.com from your "Sources" list
Then choose the installation package according to your version. For example, if your iPhone has 4.2.1 version, then you should tap on KB iPhone 4.2.1. Click on "install" and then "confirm". After Cydia is done with the installation, you can go the "Settings" icon from your iPhone menu, then go to "General" and "Keyboard", then "Insternational Keyboards" and "Add New Keyboard...", then scroll for "Khmer". Now you can type and read Khmer!!

**DON'T FORGET TO GIVE US COMMENT BELOW AND LET US KNOW HOW IT WORKS**


 

9 comments:

  1. Thank for creating this website! It helps and saves me money n time to go to the store. You make me know more about technology. I feel so exited to have a Khmer person like who cares about Khmer people...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have operated following to your instruction, but did not find software available for Iphone 3 GS version 4.1 could you please provide commend for deal with this issues.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. for version 4.1, you need to choose and install this "Khmer iOS 4". it will work 100% sure. if you have any other problem, let me know. sorry for late reply cos i was so busy in the past couple months...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Thanks for your effort to help other Khmer families to be able to read and write in Khmer using this Khmer unicode software. I have an ipad 3 and trying to find an appropriate software to instal in my apad, but don't seem to have any luck. Can you please provide the link to the software or instruction of how to do it? I once again do appreciate your hard work and support.
    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yong La Pursat province, 3GS IOS version 3.1 now updated to 6.1 i just use it for only 1 month, so i am poor for using that. all day i sometime i spent to researched any problem and software iphone supply to install and get understand much on this, now i have been jaibroken and installous ( Cydia ) by my self, but i don't know how to us it

    I would like to say thank you for Great job for your hard working on our khmer using Apple spply, So yesterday i was spent my time to search about how to access khmer Unicode on iphone 3gs, with that i have been done follow you lesson step by step, but the moment i still access my unicode. One more thing i would like you to introduce me way to access internet 3G network on Metfone Sim. I hope to see your good answer relate to this my problem and happy to help my poor using on this.

    Best Thank Given
    La Pursat

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you my dear friend !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my phone is iOS 3.1.3 so always error when install KB iphone.can u help me?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried to install it many times but I can't still. Whenever I install, it comes out with " Verification Error. Time Out." So what do I need to do with this problem? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete